May 19, 2015
Today would have been my grandma’s 100th birthday! I always remember her on this day, but as I was driving home from work, I realized she was born 100 years ago today.
Here are a few memories of grandma…
- Dancing in the living room, or the kitchen, or the hallway!
- Brushing my hair in the family room when I stayed over
- Her singing “Put Your Head on My Shoulder”
- Her laugh, and her smile
- Her bright, blue eyes
- Crocheted afghans and pillows
- Her little stutter, which went away as she got older
- Her flaming red hair, then her snow white hair
- Her quiet beauty
- Decorating her house at Christmas with the family
- Homemade rolls at the holidays
- Her stories
- Her love of flowers
- Drives to Utah for reunions; the camper, 5th wheel, and the motor home
- Home movies
- Barbeques in the backyard; the picnic table (which I now have)
- Her love for my children; she called Rebecca, “Precious”
- Her strength the last few years of her life
- The quilts she made, before she died, for the next generation
- The way she looked in her casket; absolutely beautiful, surrounded by peace and grace
Grandma passed away in 2002.
I miss you, grandma. Thank you for being one of my guardian angels. I can just see you dancing on the clouds!